Emergency Response | August
- Love Acadiana mobilized over 4,252 volunteers
- Called more than 700 homes that requested help on our website
- Gutted more than 410 homes
- Served over 28,000 meals to displaced families
- Distributed: 4,324 food kits, 6,672 hygiene kits, 4,318 cases of water, 2,429 cleaning kits
- Purchased $250,000 of commercial dehumidifiers and fans to dry out homes
Enlisting Community Partners | September
- Partnered with Mennonite Disaster Services (MDS) to house their oversight staff and weekly volunteer teams at Our Saviors Church (Broussard campus) to begin rebuilding. They have sent coutnless volunteers and have committed to teams through April 2017.
- United Way – have provided building materials for homes through their material assistance program.
- Rebuilding Together – Partnered to assist the elderly with the challenge of rebuilding
- LA VOAD (Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters) – Active in Long Term Recovery meetings with federal, state and local organizations
Rebuilding Acadiana | October – Now
Through December we have:
- called more than 226 homeowners that have contacted us for assistance.
- personally talked to, visited, prayed with begun the Road to Recovery Checklist with 76 homeowners.
- provided building materials
- sheetrocked homes
- mud, taped and sanded sheetrock homes
- primed and painted homes
- provided some furnishings or appliances for homes