Lake Charles Area Response: August 31 – September 19, 2020
Love Acadiana is partnering with Eight Days of Hope rapid response efforts. Join us and let’s go help those in need in Southwest Louisiana!
What To Know
*If you are driving, we encourage you to fill up an hour away from Lake Charles due to the damage in the area.
What is the cost to attend?
It is free! We provide the food and lodging. We just ask that you show up with a willing heart to serve. We rely on churches, businesses, individuals, and our volunteers for donations.
What are the sleeping arrangements?
We will be staying at Our Savior’s Church Jennings. The address is: 1622 S Lake Arthur Ave., Jennings, LA 70546. Lodging will be separated by gender.
Will there be any RV spots available?
There will be space to park your RV. You will need to be self-contained due to the lack of power and water.
Do I have to bring my own food?
No. We will provide all meals.
What kind of work will we be doing?
The primary work will be cleaning up debris, muck outs, tree work, and assisting families with whatever they need.
Should we bring tools?
Yes! Please bring any tools that you can, especially those that you would anticipate using for cleaning debris or tree work.
Can we bring our youth group or our children?
No, during Rapid Response trips we require everyone to be 18 years or older. If you arrive with a child younger than 18, they will not be able to volunteer.
What will be a typical day serving with Eight Days of Hope?
Breakfast will start at 6:30 am. We will spend 10-15 minutes together with a special time of worship and devotion before we head out to help the families. Lunch will be delivered or taken to the job sites by the volunteers. Dinner will begin at 6:00 pm.
What times can we arrive to “check-in” to Eight Days of Hope and where do we go?
On Monday, August 31st, the check-in area will be open from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Every day after and through September 19th, the check-in area will be open from 7:00 am – 8:00 pm. The first meal will be dinner August 31st. Please check-in at Our Savior’s Church Jennings. The address is: 1622 S Lake Arthur Ave., Jennings, LA 70546.
What else can we do to prepare?
- Please pray for the families that were affected and that God would move mightily through His people over the next three weeks.
- Volunteer! If you are reading this, you are doing that! Thank you!
- We are hoping to receive donations to underwrite this event. If you, your family, or your church family are interested in making a donation, feel free to give on our website or send your gift to P.O. Box 3208, Tupelo, MS 38803. We greatly appreciation any contribution!
How do I sign up?
What should I bring?
- Rapid Response t-shirt. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
- Masks for your face
- Jeans, good working shoes
- Case of water, gloves
- Linens, pillow, blanket, cot, or sleeping bag
- Towel, toiletries
If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 662-255-7565.
See you soon!